Our mission to end homelessness requires many helping hands. We’re so grateful for our volunteers!
Volunteer needs include: providing meals for the families, helping with fundraising events, repair work and facility maintenance, office/clerical work, and one-on-one work with the children (Kids Club).
Most volunteers are involved in at least two areas of service. Except for those participating in our meals on weekend’s program, volunteers primarily serve in an “on-call” capacity- being contacted as needs arise that fall into their areas of interest. We encourage you to find what fits for you and your skillset.
- All volunteers Home of Hope at Gwinnett Children’s Shelter are required to submit a background check before acceptance into our volunteer program.
- The minimum age of a volunteer is 18 years old.
Interested in volunteering? Complete our volunteer application below!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Home of Hope at Gwinnett Children’s Shelter. In order to accommodate you, and in accordance with our program, please fill out the form below. After form submission, we will contact you by phone or email in 3-5 business days. Please be advised that volunteers at Home of Hope at Gwinnett Children’s Shelter are required to submit a background check before acceptance into our volunteer program. The minimum age of a volunteer is 18 years old.
Please note: most of our volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday during business hours and Wednesday evenings from 6:15 pm to 8 pm. Except for special events, we rarely have slots available for weekends.
Volunteers ages 17 and younger:
For safety and issues of confidentiality we ask that minor volunteers help in the following ways:
- Invite staff to come and speak about Home of Hope at Gwinnett Children’s Shelter at your school, church, club, etc.
- For their birthday party ask a guest to bring an item for Home of Hope at Gwinnett Children’s Shelter (e.g., food, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Hold a lemonade stand, car wash, pet sit or babysit and donate the money to Home of Hope at Gwinnett Children’s Shelter.
- Hold a supply drive at your school, neighborhood, church, etc.
"*" indicates required fields
We love the Home of Hope program! They provide education, life skills, job training and help stabilize families who come in broken. They have a supportive board of directors and a great staff who see the trauma and suffering that the residents go through each day but treat their guests with respect and dignity. By partnering with Home of Hope, we get to help celebrate changed lives!SANDRA STRICKLAND